Each year the City of Chilliwack tenders asphalt rehabilitation work for various roads to maintain the driving surface and reduce maintenance costs.
- Typically the Engineering Department recommends rehabilitation of roads in the worst condition in each classification based on a condition survey which is updated every five years. A comprehensive survey was done by Stantec in the late summer of 2017.
- Minor drainage and curb and gutter improvements will be made adjacent to rehabilitation projects where significant deterioration has occurred or upgrades are required.
- Asphalt Rehabilitation
- Elk View Road (Huston to Lookout)
- View the Elk View Road project page here
- 2021 Paving Program:
- Contract has been awarded
- Additional roads are being considered subject to available funding:
- Willow Drive
- Sections of Gill Road
- Sections of James Street
- Roads substantially complete:
- Bernard Avenue (Ashwell Rd to Railway Ave)
- No. 5 Road (Boundary Rd to Stewart Rd)
- Keith Wilson Road (Tyson Rd to Unsworth Rd; major patching)
- Fairfield Road (McSween to Kitchen)
- Industrial Way (Old Orchard to Progress Way)
- Castleman (Chapman to Standeven)
- Crestwood Drive & Leary Cres
- Grand View Drive (Primrose to Gooseberry)
- Old Orchard road (Grand View to Alameda)
- Elk View Road (Wincott to Payne = geotechnical reinforcement)
- Marble Hill Road (Patterson to Tahoma)
- Vedder Road (Petawawa to Keith Wilson, northbound patching)
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.