LED Streetlight Conversion Program
The City plans to convert existing City owned ornamental streetlight fixtures to LED lighting. Phase 1 of the project will include the retrofit installation of approximately 1000 LED fixtures for roadways north of Highway 1.
Phase 2 electrical design works will be issued in March 2021 and will include LED conversion for roadways south of Highway 1, signalized intersections and Downtown parking lots.
- Savings of approximately 50% on Hydro costs
- Reduction in maintenance costs. The lights have an expected 20-year lifespan compared to 5-year lifespan for HPS
- Even light distribution
- Light trespass reduction
- Adaptable for future "smart city" features
- Phase 1: April to June 2021
- Phase 2: anticipated completion by December 2021
Click here to view the LED Fact Sheet
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects subscribe to our e-newsletter
|LED Fact Sheet||2021-02-23||118KB|