Building Inspections

Administrative and technical information surrounding the Inspections process.

Required Inspections

Development Permits

DPA 1 - Municipal Watersheds & Aquifers, DPA 2 - Hillside & Upland Areas, DPA 3 - Riparian Area, DPA 4 - Downtown Form & Character, DPA 5 - Urban Corridor Form & Character, DPA 6 - Infill Development Form & Character, DPA 7 - Industrial Form & Character, DPA 8 - Hillside Development

Development Variance Permit

The City of Chilliwack has prepared this brochure to assist you in understanding the Development Variance Permit application process

NAFS Specification for Windows, Doors, and Skylights

Effective January 1, 2014 , for buildings constructed under Part 9 of the 2012 BC Building Code, any windows, doors and skylights must be selected and installed in accordance with NAFS.

Open Air Burning Permits

Burning Permits are issued by the Fire Dept for two separate seasons of the year.

Temporary Use Permits (TUP)

A Temporary Use Permit is a special permit issued by Council that allows a land use not permitted in the current zoning.