Active Transportation Design Project
The Active Transportation Design Project will provide design solutions to improve cycling facilities and road safety in a cost-effective manner. The project will include traffic signal, streetlighting, street parking and roadway designs as well as a vehicular movement analysis.
The project includes engineering detailed design services for the following locations:
- Luckakuck Way (Vedder Road to the Valley Rail Trail) - safety improvements and signalization
- Knight Road (Topaz Drive to Evans Road) - protected cycling facilities
- Downtown Cycling Network
- Knight Road at Southern Railway crossing upgrade to flashing lights, bells and gates system and civil works connecting to the Valley Rail Trail
- Public engagement for the Downtown Cycling Network
- 50% design drawings for the Downtown Cycling Network
- Princess Avenue traffic study
- Southern Railway and McElhanney moving forward with design work for Knight Road at the Valley Rail Trail and the Southern Rail Crossing
- Detailed design for Mary, Knight and Luckakuck
Knight Road Design
Mary Steet Design
If you would like updates on this project or other Engineering related projects, please consider signing up for our e-newsletter.
|Active Transportation Location Map