Prest Road Widening and Semiault Bridge Replacement
Full Road Closure (Bridge Works): From June 21 to September 3, 2021 between Prairie Central Road and McGuire Road. During this time the road will be impassable. Please use alternate routes. Local traffic only will be permitted to homes, farms and businesses.
- Chilliwack River Road at Prairie Central Road/Young Road
- converted to 3-way stop intersection
- Upgrade of Prest Road from Highway #1 to McGuire Road.
- The improvements along Prest Road include road widening to provide sufficient travel lane width, bike lanes, shoulders, replacement of Semiault Creek Bridge, along with the relocation of BC Hydro poles.
- To learn more about the project please visit our project bulletin.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Read our FAQ here
- Bridge construction at Semiault Creek, road widening, milling of existing asphalt, base paving and replacement of 3 culverts are scheduled through the end of August during the closure.
- July 12, 2021
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.