Downtown Ornamental Street Lighting
The 2020 budget also includes a program to install 77 new LED ornamental streetlights in the downtown area. The benefit will be increased overall road safety and comfort for cyclists and pedestrians. The new streetlight installation will begin fall 2020 for Phase 1, with new streetlights are planned for the following streets:
- First Ave - Williams St to Young Rd
- Victoria Ave at Fletcher St intersection
- Williams St - Reece Ave to Bole Ave
- Young Rd at Victoria Ave intersection
- Fletcher St - Reece Ave to Mellard Ave
- Mellard Ave - Young Rd to Fletcher St
- Williams Street - Yale Rd to First Ave
January - March 31, 2021
- The contractor, Fraser City Installations Ltd. will be working Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Conduit and bases are currently being installed at the following locations:
- First Ave: Young Rd to Williams St (pole installation scheduled for March 22nd)
- Williams St: First Ave to Reece Ave
- Bole Ave: west of Williams St
- Mellard Ave: Young Rd to Fletcher St
- Fletcher St: Mellard Ave to Reece Ave
For more information on street lights in the City, visit our street light page here.
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscirbe to our e-newsletter.