Vedder & South Sumas Intersection
- Property acquisitions are currently underway
- The project has been awarded to a design build contractor
- Coordination with Hydro and Telus is underway
- Anticipate Hydro and Telus pole relocations to begin in late summer of 2021
- Road construction expected to begin as soon as the weather permits at the beginning of 2022
- Anticipated: March - May 2022
- Works include traffic signal expansion and approximately 260m of road widening complete with paving, conversion of overhead Hydro/Telus to underground, drainage, streetlights, curb and sidewalk.
- Dedicated left-turn lanes on Vedder Road for traffic heading eastbound and westbound on South Sumas Road will be provided.
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.