Promontory Road Widening: Vedder - Chester
- Starting 3pm April 16th thru to April 21st at 3pm at the Promontory and Chilliwack River intersection.
- Flaggers controlling traffic while changes to traffic signal are completed.
- Completion scheduled for spring 2021
- Concrete curb/sidewalk, Hydro/Telus/Shaw relocations and electrical works thru April 2021.
- Final paving and line markings scheduled as weather allows in early spring 2021.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained
- Expect delays
- Pedestrian signal at Vedder Elementary School operational in February. Final paving, line marking and median scheduled for early spring 2021.
- Widening Promontory Road from Vedder Elementary east to Chester Drive.
- Improvements along Promontory Road include road widening to four travel lanes, a centre turning lane, bike lanes, sidewalks and streetlights on both sides of the corridor, along with the relocation of BC Hydro poles.
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.