Chilliwack is a vibrant community with a mix of rural and urban neighbourhoods. We are striving towards an energy efficient economy, a low carbon lifestyle, and healthy, clear air as these are essential for the long term viability of our community.
With foresight and consideration of all our residents, stakeholders, and partners, we are advancing the goals of energy efficiency, climate change mitigation, and clean air. We are part of the solution.*
TIPS, TIPS, TIPS!
Check out the following useful tips for sustainable living:
- make ENERGY CONSERVATION a part of your home and/or business;
- learn about our IDLE-FREE PROGRAM;
- check out WATER CONSERVATION options and TIPS;
- REDUCE the use of cosmetic PESTICIDES;
- exchange your old WOOD STOVE for a rebate;
- ensure you RECYCLE and COMPOST everything possible;
- take action to PROTECT OUT AIR.
WASTE NOT, WANT NOT
The City of Chilliwack is dedicated to providing waste reduction programs that will lead the community to a sustainable future. Waste reduction and litter prevention are both areas where individual actions can add up to make a big difference. By adopting the six R's: RETHINK, REFUSE, REDUCE, REUSE, REPAIR & RECYCLE, and putting litter in its place, we can all work together to keep our municipality and the environment we live in beautiful and healthy.