Green Commuter Challenge
Join The City In Greening Your Commute!
May 27 to June 9, 2019.
The Challenge aims to encourage residents to leave their cars at home for their personal health, the health of our community and the health of the environment. Boost your fitness! Save money! Reduce air pollution!
How Can I Participate?
- Everyone is encouraged to commute to work or school by biking, carpooling, walking or using public transportation.
- Win a new bike by recording your Green Commute on a ballot online or at City Hall between May 27 and June 9, 2019 (ballot submission closes at 4:30 pm, June 10).
- If you are biking on May 28, be sure to join the Community Ride with Mayor & Council or stop by the Celebration Station at the FVRD!
- Submit a new ballot online or at City Hall for each day you “Green your Commute!”
- City and RCMP employees are not eligible to win prizes.
Looking for more prizes? In addition to Chilliwack’s initiative above, sign up for these province-wide events:
- BC Bike to Work and School Week. From May 27 to June 2, 2019. This is specifically for people who ride their bikes instead of driving (doesn’t include walking, carpooling or transit).
- BC Commuter Challenge from June 2 to June 8, 2019. Participants can walk, cycle, take transit, ride-share, or work from home.
- Ride with a friend
- Prepare for changing weather
- Bring a water bottle and bike lock
- Be safe - wear a helmet and bright clothing, and use lights
- Learn about our new Cycle Vision Plan and cycling networks
- Bike safety and equipment: Bike Sense BC
- Public transit routes and schedules: chilliwack.com/transit