Go By Bike
Join The City and GoByBike!
May 31 to June 6, 2021.
The Challenge aims to encourage residents to leave their cars at home for their personal health, the health of our community, and the health of the environment. Boost your fitness! Save money! Reduce air pollution!
How Can I Participate?
Have you registered for Cycle Chilliwack’s GoByBike week yet? Running from May 31st to June 6th, it gives you an opportunity to explore new and improved designated bike routes across Chilliwack! They even have Bike Bingo Cards that enter you to win local prizes, on top of the prizes you could win just by logging your km’s. Promoting health and sustainability across our community, it’s the perfect activity for the whole family.
To encourage residents to GoByBike, the City is contributing two $100 gift cards to Cycle Chilliwack that you could win from a bike shop of your choice including: Jacks Cycle, Pedal Sport or Vedder Mountain Bike Co.!
Looking for more prizes? In addition to the initiative above, sign up for this province-wide BC Commuter Challenge from May 30 to June 5, 2021. Participants can walk, cycle, take transit, ride-share, or work from home.
- Ride with a friend
- Prepare for changing weather
- Bring a water bottle and bike lock
- Be safe - wear a helmet and bright clothing, and use lights
- Learn about our new Cycle Vision Plan and cycling networks
- Learn about bike safety and equipment: Bike Sense BC
- Busses have bike racks! Find public transit routes and schedules here: chilliwack.com/transit