2016 Vedder River and Canal Sediment Removal
|Click Here For Updates
Temporary Rotary Trail and Vedder Canal Dyke Access Restrictions
In August and September, several gravel removal operations on the Vedder River for flood protection purposes took place, which required temporary vehicle access restrictions and pedestrian detours. The following sites were affected:
- Hauling from site to Giesbrecht stockpile on South side of river
- Portions of Rotary trail, Lickman Road parlking lot and dyke near Lickman Road closed from gravel bar site to Hooge stockpile
- Hauling from gravel bar across trail to Bergman stockpile on South side of river
- Portions of Rotary trail closed from gravel bar site to Hooge stockpile on North side of river
- Hauling between site and Wilson Road stockpile on South side of river
- Hauling on portion of East side dyke to Greendale stockpile
Although vehicle access will not be permitted at these locations, pedestrian access will be maintained as much as possible, with detours when necessary.
The exact timing of the closures will depend on river levels and the weather. Each closure is expected to last approximately two weeks. The restrictions will be limited to the work hours of 7 am to 6 pm. Information signs will also be posted at the affected sites.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Department at (604) 793-2907.