How to Stay Informed in an Emergency
Do not call 911 unless there is a life-threatening emergency.
In an emergency, we will post emergency information about City services online, on social media, and send it to local news and radio outlets. If you lose your internet connection or don’t have power, use a battery powered radio to tune into local radio stations. If there is an evacuation, crews will go door-to-door to make sure no one is missed.
We all have a part to play in emergency preparedness. Knowing where to find information in an emergency is one step. Get to know your local media:
- Chilliwack Progress (Twitter @theprogress)
- Fraser Valley Current (Twitter @currentfv)
- Fraser Valley News (Facebook @FraserVN)
- Fraser Valley Today (Twitter @chwknews)
- Star FM - 98.3 FM (Twitter @983StarFM)
- 89.5 JR Country (Twitter @895JRCountry)
Follow the City of Chilliwack’s official channels:
Sign up for emergency notifications through Alertable: