Clean BC Better Homes Income Qualified Program
The Province of British Columbia has introduced a new rebate program to make energy retrofits more affordable, the CleanBC Better Homes Income Qualified Program. This program is suited to those looking to make their homes more energy efficient. Based on your household income, CleanBC is offering a streamlined process to access cost savings associated with energy efficiency upgrades.
Benefits of Upgrading:
Energy Saving Home Upgrades:
You may be eligible to receive rebates that cover 60-95% of the costs associated with energy retrofit upgrades, including:
- Windows and Doors: up to $9,500.00
- Insulation: up to $5,500.00
- Heat pumps: up to $9,500.00
- Heat pump water heaters: $3,500.00
- Additional rebates are available for health and safety, ventilation, and electrical panel upgrades.
One of the main benefits of this program is that it is the contractor’s responsibility to apply for the rebate, not the homeowner. The contractor will submit the rebate application after installing the upgrades. They will then deduct the rebate from the final cost of the upgrade.