Finding Child Care & Steps to Opening a Child Care Facility in Chilliwack
Are you interested in opening a Child Care Facility? Are you a parent or caregiver seeking Child Care?
The City of Chilliwack has prepared an informational brochure that includes helpful information on how to find local Child Care, provides you with an overview of the required steps on how to start a Child Care Facility in Chilliwack, and identifies contact information in navigating City requirements, including Provincial government licensing and funding processes.
- Click here to review Chilliwack's Child Care Facility Informational Brochure
Starting a business is a major undertaking. Before starting the process to open or expand a Child Care Facility, research and planning are important to help understand the specific Child Care needs in our community and all Provincial and City requirements. In addition to reading Chilliwack's Child Care Facility Informational Brochure, it is recommended that you read:
- Provincial Community Care and Assisted Living Act;
- Child Care Licensing Regulation; and,
- Standards of Practice.
- Click here to review the City of Chilliwack Child Care Facility Informational Brochure
- Click here to review the Guidelines for a Daycare Fire Safety Plan
- Click here to review the Chilliwack Child Care Needs Assessment & Strategy
- If you have questions about verifying zoning, meeting Zoning Bylaw requirements, Temporary Use Permit applications, or altering the exterior of a building, please contact the Planning Department at [email protected] or 604.793.2906.
- Questions about the Building Permit application process, including Tenant Improvements, are to be directed to the Building Department at [email protected] or 604.793.2905.
- If you have questions about smoke detectors and the Fire Safety Plan, please contact the Chilliwack Fire Department at 604.792.8713.
- Questions about the Chilliwack Business Licence application are to be directed to the Business Licence Department at [email protected] or 604.793.2909.
- Questions relating to the Provincial Community Care Facilities Licensing are to be directed to the Fraser Health Authority at 604.702.7950 (ext. 614952).