Young Road Dyke Project Update
Press Release: Young Road Dyke Project Upgrade (March 19, 2015)
- Young Road between Hope River and Cartmell Road forms part of Chilliwack’s East Dyke. In order to meet current provincial flood protection standards, this section of Young Road needs to be raised by approximately 1 metre.
- Provincial and federal funding for constructing the East Dyke (Young Road) Upgrades Project has been approved, with a local one-third contribution required. The total approved project budget is $2,340,000. Construction of the upgrades is planned for 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please contact the City Engineering Department at 604 793-2907 if you have questions or concerns with this project.
- The design-build contractor is Martens Asphalt Ltd. and their design engineer is McELhanney Consulting.
- The project is substantially complete as of September 11. 2015.
- August 14, 2015 Notice of Construction letter (see PDF below)
- The City of Chilliwack received Provincial Dyke Maintenance Act approval for the Young Road Dyke project on May 6, 2015.
City of Chilliwack Dyke System