WORK: The tender consists of the supply of all labour, materials, equipment, and supervision to perform the following work entirely for:
- Construction of a new sludge digester, sludge control building, boiler room, electrical room, and service tunnel.
- Siteworks include relocation of the access road, grading, and drainage. There will also be excavation and ground densification of underlying soils for the new Digester 3 and temporary shoring associated with supporting soils underlying the existing Digester 1 and Digester 2.
- Supply and installation of various pumps, spiral heat exchanger waste gas burner, digester mixers, and a boiler.
- Tie-ins to existing structures, equipment, piping, and electrical devices.
- Electrical and instrumentation to service the new facilities.
- Installation of HVAC and plumbing systems for the new digester and boiler room.
- Provisional items include the installation of a low pressure sludge gas membrane gasholder, a second boiler, and the associated components required to connect these items to the new digester and boiler room.
SECURITY: Bid Security in the amount of 10% of the total tender price.
BONDING: Performance Bond, Maintenance Bond, and Labour and Materials Bond each in the amount of 50% of total tender price.
SITE MEETING: A mandatory site meeting will be held at 2:00 pm on June 8, 2011 at the WWTP located at 44820 Wolfe Road, Chilliwack, B.C., V2P 8A8. All bidders must attend.
Tender Documents can be viewed on or after June 1, 2011 at the Chilliwack WWTP, the AECOM Burnaby Office, and the Vancouver Construction Association.
The Tender Documents may also be downloaded from the City's web page in PDF format at no cost at www.chilliwack.com/bids.
Technical inquiries should be directed to Mr. Paul Lev, Lead Designer, AECOM by calling 604-444-6400.
The lowest or any Tender may not necessarily be accepted.