Press Releases

Press Release
Residential Chimney Fire January 2, 2018

Residential Chimney Fire

On December 30th, 2017 at around 3:40pm the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported chimney fire in the 6000 block of Silverthorne Road.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4 and upon arrival, discovered a fire in the chimney at the residence. Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire and successfully prevented the fire from spreading from the chimney into the walls and attic of the home.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries reported.

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind the public to exercise caution when
utilizing wood burning appliances and to ensure your chimney is cleaned at least annually.

Back to Press Releases