Press Releases

Press Release
Garage Fire December 15, 2017


On December 13, 2017 at approximately 8:00pm the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 5400 block of Highroad rescent. Occupants were home at the time of the fire, with one resident working in the garage where the fire started. Occupants quickly evacuated the structure and called 911.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4, on arrival, reported seeing black smoke venting from the attached garage of the single story residential home. Fire crews setup an offensive attack and quickly brought the fire under control.

The home suffered fire and smoke damage to the interior of the structure. One civilian was treated for burns and transported to Chilliwack General Hospital, there were no firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and is under investigation by Chilliwack Fire Department.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public that, having a working fire extinguisher in workshops and garages is a good safety precaution that aids in controlling minor fires.

Back to Press Releases