Elk View Road
Areas of Ryder Lake including Elk View Road, Ryder Lake Road, and Thorton Road have been subject to roadway settlement. For a number of years, the City has engaged geotechnical engineers to prioritize, design and review hillside stabilization measures in order to repair and reduce the risk of further damage to these roadways. This work is coordinated with the asphalt rehabilitation program and can consist of sierrascape walls, micropiles, grade beams, deadmen, rock scaling, shotcrete, riprap and drainage improvements followed by re-paving.
- Elk View Road (between Wincott Road to Payne Road)
- Road reinforcement followed by paving
- April 28, 2021 for 3-weeks with single lane alternating with temporary traffic signals in operation 24 hours per day.
- Followed by 3-weeks of full road closure with a detour on Ryder Lake Road.
- Anticipated completion: late May to early June
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.