The primary function of the City Clerk’s function is supporting the legislative matters and decisions of Council. This includes the following:
- prepare and distribute Council meeting agendas
- record and preserve minutes of Council meetings
- prepare, maintain and preserve all City bylaws and make copies available to the public
- administer oaths, take and receive affidavits and affirmations required to be taken under oath
- maintain custody of the City Seal
- signing authority for contracts and agreements
Other responsibilities of this department include property management; the construction/maintenance of civic buildings; and, preparation for local government elections.
General voting day for the the 2021 Chilliwack School District No. 33 By-Election is on Saturday, February 13, 2021. This page contains information concerning Local Government Elections, including how to run for office and how to vote.