Press Releases

Press Release
Smoking Materials Cause Fire December 18, 2017


On December 17, 2017 at approximately 10:00am the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in single family residential structure in the 42000 block of Peters Road. Neighbours saw flames and black smoke venting from the rear of the home and called the fire department.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 4, and 6, and on arrival, reported seeing heavy fire and smoke venting from the rear of the home. Occupants were not home at the time of the fire, and a neighbour called 911. Fire crews setup an offensive attack and quickly brought the fire under control.

The home suffered significant fire and smoke damage. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and caused by discarded smoking materials.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public to ensure smoking materials are fully extinguished in an approved container.

Back to Press Releases