Yarrow Neighbourhood Plan
To support future decision-making and to provide clear guidance to property owners and developers, creating a neighbourhood plan will ensure there is a unified vision for how Yarrow develops over time. The neighbourhood plan will build on the City’s overarching 2040 Official Community Plan (OCP) vision for this area as well as clarify expectations with respect to new development. The neighbourhood plan will address a wide range of issues relating to Yarrow including, but not limited to:
- Refining the land use vision for Yarrow, including a review of properties with split OCP designations/ zoning and the transition between different land uses, older and newer development;
- Parameters for new development and lot configurations with realistic expectations (respecting sewer and water servicing constraints);
- Rural/ urban interface challenges and strategies to address them;
- Environmental issues such as watercourses, species at risk, protection/ restoration, natural and storm water management, trees, flood risk, waste/ energy reduction, Electric Vehicle charging capability, etc.; and,
- Opportunities to improve road / sidewalk connectivity, mobility and safety.
Be sure to monitor this website or visit our project page online at Engage Chilliwack as new information becomes available.
Upcoming Online Public Engagement
We are pleased to invite you to an upcoming public engagement event about the Yarrow Neighbourhood Plan!
As you know, the City has begun the initial neighbourhood planning process for Yarrow with the goal of developing a unified vision for Yarrow's future. The event will provide residents with an opportunity to hear a presentation about the project, and what we have heard so far from the community survey, including an opportunity for discussion on a few key themes such as "Residential Development", "Commercial & Industrial Development", "Yarrow Central Road", "Mobility" and "Environmental Protection, Recreation & Community Amenities".
Due to the challenges posed by COVID-19, unfortunately we cannot hold in-person meetings like we have in the past. To safely hear from you, we have scheduled two online workshops for Monday, October 4 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm and Wednesday, October 6 at 6:30pm to 7:30pm. We will be capping each workshop to a maximum of 40 guests and will be adding more meeting dates, if needed.
To participate in one of these workshops, we need you to register by contacting us either by phone at 604.793.2906 or email at email@example.com and provide:
- Your name and email
- Your preferred meeting date (October 4 or 6)
- Briefly identify a "key issue" that means most to you
The registration deadline is Friday, October 1, 2021. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the login details, as we get closer to the workshop dates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yarrow Neighbourhood (land use map):