Adopt A Park / Adopt A Trail
To help keep our City’s parks, greenspaces and trails attractive and well maintained for residents as well as visitors, the Adopt-a-Park and Adopt-a-Trail program enables civic clubs, individuals, garden clubs, businesses, churches and other organizations to adopt and maintain a park or trail in Chilliwack.
Adopt-a-Park and Adopt-a-Trail encourages voluntary action by an adopter;
- to maintain park facilities as a means of community involvement
- to donate and maintain features that wouldn’t normally be offered at the adopted park
- to improve overall safety and quality of trails or sections of trails.
Ultimately, this program will foster a sense of ownership and pride in the community and program participants will build camaraderie with their fellow volunteers.
In recognition of the service being provided to the community, the City will install a sign on the entrance of the adopted park or section of the adopted trail to publically recognize the adopting group’s name.
The City provides program and safety information, safety vests and signs as well as garbage bags to participating groups.
For more information about adopting a park or trail, please contact the Parks Operations at 604.793.2810. For locations of City parks and trails click here: Parks and Trails
If you are ready to adopt, you can choose from the following two options:
1) Download and print the Participation Package attached at the bottom of this page. Fill it out and return it to the Parks Operations desk at 44390 Luckakuck Way. You may also scan and email the completed package to: email@example.com
2) Stop by the Operations Reception desk at 44390 Luckakuck Way between 8 am - 2 pm, Monday to Friday, to pick up and fill out a Participation Package in person. Once you have submitted a completed Participation Package you will be contacted within a few days to finalize details and get you started.
To view the map in full screen, click here.