Councillor Bud Mercer has been serving the Chilliwack community as a Councillor since November 2018.
Now retired, Councillor Mercer’s RCMP career spanned 34 years and included the title of Assistant Commissioner with the RCMP and Chief Operating Officer for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. His extensive policing background includes municipal, provincial, federal and international work experience.
Councillor Mercer represents his community as a member of the:
- Affordable Housing and Development Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Chilliwack Parks and Trails Committee (Chair)
- Design Review Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Fraser Valley Regional District Board
- Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board
- Heritage Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Integrated Community Safety Task Force (Chair)
- Mayor's Task Force on Inclusiveness, Diversity, and Accessibility (Co-Chair)
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Public Safety Advisory Committee (Co-Chair)
Acting Mayor Terms:
- March to April 2021