Councillor Bud Mercer has been serving the Chilliwack community as a Councillor since November 2018.
Now retired, Councillor Mercer’s RCMP career spanned 34 years and included the title of Assistant Commissioner with the RCMP and Chief Operating Officer for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. His extensive policing background includes municipal, provincial, federal and international work experience.
Councillor Mercer represents his community as a member of the:
- Affordable Housing and Development Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Design Review Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Fraser Valley Regional District Board
- Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board
- Heritage Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Parks and Trails Committee (Chair)
- Public Safety Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
Acting Mayor Terms:
- May to June 2019