Councillor Harv Westeringh has been serving the Chilliwack community as a Councillor since November 2018.
Born and raised in Chilliwack, Councillor Westeringh has lived in almost every community in Chilliwack, including Greendale, Sardis, the Eastern Hillsides and Rosedale. Community involvement is a priority for Councillor Westeringh. In the past, he has served as president of the East Chilliwack Elementary Parent Advisory Council and of the Upper Fraser Valley Hockey Association. He has volunteered with the Chilliwack Holstein 4-H, the Old-Timers Hockey League and was a past director of the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board.
Councillor Westeringh represents his community as a member of the:
- Affordable Housing and Development Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Agricultural and Rural Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Chilliwack Public Art Advisory Committee (Vice Chair)
- Community Advisory Board
- Fraser Valley Regional District Board (Third Alternate)
- Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board (Third Alternate)
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Tourism Chilliwack (Liaison)
Acting Mayor Terms:
- November to December 2021