Mayor Ken Popove has been serving the Chilliwack community as a Councillor since December 2011 and then as Mayor since November 2018.
Mayor Popove is a long-time Chilliwack resident and established business owner. Long before his involvement on City Council, Mayor Popove invested in the community through his work with the BIA and by supporting local community events, such as Party in the Park, Village Classic Car Show and the Rotary Christmas Parade.
Mayor Popove represents his community as a member of:
- Chilliwack Healthier Community (Chair)
- Emergency Executive Committee (Chair)
- Fraser Valley Aboriginal Relations Committee (Chair)
- Fraser Valley Regional District Board
- Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board
- Chilliwack Economic Partners Corporation (Ex-Officio)