Councillor Jeff Shields has been serving the Chilliwack community as a Councillor since November 2018.
As a long time resident, Councillor Shields has been dedicated to serving Chilliwack since the 1990s, volunteering with Big Brothers, Chilliwack Flight Fest, the Chilliwack Fire Department and as a soccer coach. He is a member of the Chilliwack Mt. Cheam Rotary Club and served as president in 2010/11. He has also served on the board of directors for Chilliwack Economic Partners Corporation since 2008 and more recently on the board for Chilliwack Community Services and the Chilliwack Downtown Marketing Advisory Committee.
Councillor Shields represents his community as a member of the:
- Chilliwack Arts and Cultural Centre Society Board
- Chilliwack Economic Partners Corporation
- Fraser Valley Aboriginal Relations Committee
- Fraser Valley Regional District Board (First Alternate)
- Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board (First Alternate)
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Transportation Advisory Committee (Chair)
Acting Mayor Terms:
- July to August 2019