Prest Road and Chilliwack Central Road Roundabout
Works include design and construction of a single-lane roundabout with road widening approaches, street lighting and drainage improvements.
The contractor completed placing of concrete curb and sidewalks including road widening approaches and drainage improvements. BC Hydro completed hydro pole relocation in June.
- November 2019 - August 2020
- July 30 & 31 - Place sub-base base on all existing road widening
- August 4 & 5 – Existing asphalt removals & sub-base/base placement
- August 6 – Traffic will be diverted onto the roundabout legs – roundabout partially functional, please follow directions from traffic control persons
- August 7 - Pour remaining exterior curbs and install water service to roundabout button
- August 10 & 11 – Raise castings/fine grade
- August 12-14 – Base Paving – Roundabout will be fully functional after August 14
- August 17 – September 2 – roundabout button curbing, sidewalk, signage, streetlights, irrigation and landscaping works
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.