The Public Works Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the City's:
- Sanitary sewer
- Potable water
- Open drainage
- Storm sewer
- Dyke infrastructure.
Providing water and sewer service to over 18,000 properties within the municipal boundaries the Public Works Department maintains and operates:
- 47 sanitary pump stations
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 8 drinking water production wells
- 13 potable water pumping stations
- 17 water reservoirs
- 4 drainage pumping stations
- Over 1,500 kilometres of roads, sanitary sewer mains, storm drains, and water distribution pipes.