Prest Road Widening and Semiault Bridge Replacement
Phase 1: February-May 2020
Phase 2: June-October 2021
- Upgrade of Prest Road from Highway #1 to McGuire Road.
- The Prest Road project is part of a larger construction package that will include the widening of Vedder Road from Keith Wilson Road to Watson Road, and the widening Promontory Road from Vedder Elementary east to Chester Drive.
- Council has awarded these works in one package to Eurovia BC. Bundling multiple roadway projects together helps keep costs low while ensuring the works are coordinated in a way that minimizes the impact to the community.
- The improvements along Prest Road include road widening to provide sufficient travel lane width, bike lanes, shoulders, replacement of Semiault Creek Bridge, along with the relocation of BC Hydro poles.
- Why is this work delayed to next summer?
- Bridge replacement is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2021 to allow time for environmental approvals and to conduct in stream work during the regional fisheries timing window.
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.