Bailey Sanitary Landfill
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday to Saturday
Closed Sundays and the following 2013 Statutory Holidays:
The Bailey Sanitary Landfill services the City of Chilliwack, District of Kent, Village of Harrison Hot Springs, and Electoral Areas "D" & "E" of the Fraser Valley Regional District, (Popkum, Bridal Falls, Chilliwack River Valley, Columbia Valley and Cultus Lake).
For further information call the City of Chilliwack's Engineering Department at
604-793-2907. No phone number is available to contact the Bailey Landfill directly.
The following items can be taken to the Bailey Sanitary Landfill for recycling:
- gypsum wallboard
- household batteries
- wet cell batteries
- fridges and freezers
- scrap metal and tin
- wood and yard waste for composting
- propane tanks
- The Municipal Recycling Depot at the Bailey Sanitary Landfill also accepts all items recyclable through the Curbside Recycling Program.
Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Bylaw No. 3602 bans the tipping of various recyclable materials at Bailey Landfill. The intent of this bylaw is to reduce the amount of waste landfilled each year. Hazardous wastes are also banned from the Bailey Sanitary Landfill.
The following materials are banned from the Bailey Sanitary Landfill:
- hazardous waste
- special waste as defined by the BC Ministry of Environment
- biomedial waste, sharps or infectious materials
- flammable, combustible or oxidizing materials
- materials that can be recycled through the Curbside Recycling Program
- beverage containers
- trees, stumps, or large logs (exceeding 15 cm in diameter)
- rubber tires
- motor vehicle bodies and farm implements
- carcasses, offal or viscera
- semi-solid and liquid waste (raw sewage, septic tank sludge, grease trappings)
- industrial or commercial spools
- any single item larger than 3 cubic metres
- waste oil, oil filters or oil containers
Please refer to the Waste Disposal and Recycling Options Chart for information on disposing or recycling various materials, including those listed above.
* rounded up to the nearest $0.25 where applicable