THE 2021 CHILLIWACK SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 33
MAIL BALLOT VOTING IS HERE!!
To receive a mail ballot package you will need to fill out a request form from Thursday, January 21, 2021 8:30 am until Thursday, January 28, 2021 4:00 pm. (The request form/link will go live on this page as of 8:30 am on Thursday, January 21, 2021)
Those with accessibility needs can call 604.793.2986 for assistance.
As soon as the request is received, packages will be mailed out with instructions on how to complete and return a ballot. Completed ballots can be returned by mail, dropped off at a voting venue on advanced voting days and general voting day, or dropped off at City Hall's drop box, available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Mail ballots must be received by the end of voting on February 13, 2021 at 8:00 pm.
*It is the voter's responsibility to ensure ballots are returned on time. Ballots received after 8:00 pm on February 13, 2021 will not be counted.
Due to the potential for postal delays, residents are encouraged to drop off their ballots at City Hall or one of the voting venues on advanced or general voting days, if possible.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - Friday, January 15, 2021 at midnight
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 9:00 am – Friday, January 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING ORIGINALS OF FAXED OR EMAILED NOMINATION DOCUMENTS
Friday, January 15, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Saturday, January 16, 2021 – Saturday, February 13, 2021
All residents in Chilliwack, incuding the Fraser Valley Regional District Trustee Electoral Areas D, E and H, are eligible to vote on the following days at the following locations.
ADVANCE VOTING DAYS
Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre - 45530 Spadina Avenue
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021 - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Heritage Park - 44140 Luckakuck Way
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
GENERAL VOTING DAY
Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm at the following locations:
- Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre - 45530 Spadina Avenue
- Heritage Park - 44140 Luckakuck Way
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FILING DEADLINE
Friday, May 14, 2021
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT LATE FILING DEADLINE WITH $500.00 LATE FILING FEE
Monday, June 14, 2021
The City of Chilliwack is committed to delivering a safe and physically distanced by-election during the COVID-19 pandemic. Following Public Health, Elections BC and WorkSafeBC directives, the City’s COVID-19 safety plan for each voting place ensures the by-election will be safe for voters, candidates and election staff.
All voting places will have protective measures in place including:
- physical distancing
- capacity limits
- plexiglass protective barriers
- hand sanitizing stations will be provided
- voters will be asked to sanitize their hands before and after voting
- election officials will wear masks or face-visors
- there will be frequent cleaning of voting stations and high-touch surfaces.
- pencils/pens will be provided for voting and will be sanitized between use.
- electors will be required to wear masks when voting.
- those who are ill or self-isolating will be asked not to visit a voting place
- Safety Plan for the City of Chilliwack
- Safety Plan for Heritage Park
- Safety Plan for Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre
|City of Chilliwack Safety Plan||2020-12-29||558KB|
|COVID-19 Safety Plan for Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre||2021-01-11||284KB|
|COVID-19 Safety Plan for Heritage Park||2020-12-28||197KB|
|Declaration of Candidates||2021-01-08||136KB|
|Declaration of Election by Voting||2021-01-18||122KB|
|Frequently asked Questions||2020-12-31||188KB|
|How to Campaign Safely During COVID-19||2020-12-28||115KB|
|Notice of Election by Voting (School Board Trustee)||2021-01-13||157KB|
Election results for the 2021 By-Election for Chilliwack School District No. 33
Updated counts from the polling stations.
List of Candidates running in the 2021 Chilliwack School District No. 33 By-Election
Who and how to run to be Mayor, Councillor, School Trustee or Park Commissioner