THE 2021 CHILLIWACK SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 33 BY-ELECTION
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - Friday, January 15, 2021 at midnight
Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 9:00 am – Friday, January 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING ORIGINALS OF FAXED OR EMAILED NOMINATION DOCUMENTS
Friday, January 15, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Saturday, January 16, 2021 – Saturday, February 13, 2021
All residents in Chilliwack, incuding the Fraser Valley Regional District Trustee Electoral Areas D, E and H, are eligible to vote on the following days at the following locations.
ADVANCE VOTING DAYS
Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre - 45530 Spadina Avenue
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021 - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Heritage Park - 44140 Luckakuck Way
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
GENERAL VOTING DAY
Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm at the following locations:
- Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre - 45530 Spadina Avenue
- Heritage Park - 44140 Luckakuck Way
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT FILING DEADLINE
Friday, May 14, 2021
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT LATE FILING DEADLINE WITH $500.00 LATE FILING FEE
Monday, June 14, 2021
The City of Chilliwack is committed to delivering a safe and physically distanced by-election during the COVID-19 pandemic. Following Public Health, Elections BC and WorkSafeBC directives, the City’s COVID-19 safety plan for each voting place ensures the by-election will be safe for voters, candidates and election staff.
All voting places will have protective measures in place including:
- physical distancing
- capacity limits
- plexiglass protective barriers
- hand sanitizing stations will be provided
- voters will be asked to sanitize their hands before and after voting
- election officials will wear masks or face-visors
- there will be frequent cleaning of voting stations and high-touch surfaces.
- pencils/pens will be provided for voting and will be sanitized between use.
- electors will be required to wear masks when voting.
- those who are ill or self-isolating will be asked not to visit a voting place
- Safety Plan for the City of Chilliwack
- Safety Plan for Heritage Park
- Safety Plan for Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre
|City of Chilliwack Safety Plan||2020-12-29||558KB|
|COVID-19 Safety Plan for Chilliwack Landing Sports Centre||2021-01-11||284KB|
|COVID-19 Safety Plan for Heritage Park||2020-12-28||197KB|
|Declaration of Candidates||2021-01-08||136KB|
|Frequently asked Questions||2020-12-31||188KB|
|How to Campaign Safely During COVID-19||2020-12-28||115KB|
|Notice of Election by Voting (School Board Trustee)||2021-01-13||157KB|
Election results for the 2021 By-Election for Chilliwack School District No. 33
Updated counts from the polling stations.
List of Candidates running in the 2021 Chilliwack School District No. 33 By-Election
Who and how to run to be Mayor, Councillor, School Trustee or Park Commissioner