The Chilliwack Walks program encourages residents to embrace the health benefits associated with walking. Walking has been shown to:
1. Aid Weight Loss
2. Improve Heart Health
3. Boost Immune Functions
4. Regulate Blood Pressure
5. Tone Muscles
6. Increase Metabolism
7. Reduce Stress
8. Improve Mood
9. Increased Lung Capacity
10. Improve Memory
11. Regulate Blood Sugar
12. Strengthen Bones and Joints
Participate by completing up to eight walks in eight weeks (one per week) between July 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020. Walk around your own neighbourhood aiming for 3-6 kms or follow some of our pre-mapped walks that can be downloaded below. Send a picture of yourself on your walk to email@example.com. Every picture you submit will count as one entry towards prize packages from the YMCA, Recreation Excellence, and the Grand Prize of a Fit Bit! Limit of one entry per week.*
*Entries must be submitted by September 2, 2020 11:59 pm. Winners will be contacted by September 4, 2020.
Chilliwack Walks is part of the Chilliwack Active For Life initiative which is a partnership between the City of Chilliwack, the Chilliwack Family YMCA, and Recreation Excellence.
What’s New in 2020?
- New walking routes have been added!
- All walks are self-led. There will be no scheduled group walks and no volunteers leading walks.
- There will be no passports to complete or return. Contest entry will require participants to share photos of themselves on their walks.
- Please adhere to guidelines and orders as set by the Provincial Health Officer
|Cheam Wetlands Trail Map - No Dogs Allowed||2020-06-05||438KB|
|City Hall Walk||2020-06-05||1.49MB|
|Fairfield Island Walk||2020-06-05||1.08MB|
|Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve - No Dogs Allowed||2020-06-05||754KB|
|Hope River Trail Walk||2020-06-05||1.88MB|
|Rotary Trail North Walk||2020-06-05||495KB|
|Sardis Park Walk||2020-06-05||881KB|