Homelessness Action Plan
On June 7, 2016, City Council adopted a Chilliwack Homelessness Action Plan (PDF) to address homelessness and the need for increased affordable housing in Chilliwack. The Plan's vision and goals are:
To establish a comprehensive community response system that helps people obtain and retain safe, affordable, appropriate housing.
- Implement Housing First
- Increase supply of affordable housing
- Increase coordination amongst agencies
- Improve health & safety of vulnerable
- Increase community awareness & build support
- Support initiatives that build self-esteem & support economic self sufficiency
In the plan specific housing and support needs are highlighted and strategies requiring multi-agency coordination and funding identified.
- Intensive Case Management (click for additional information)
- Increased Assistance for Rent and Outreach
- Affordable Market Rental Housing
- Capital and Operating - Funding Housing Needs
-Detox treatment beds
-Youth shelter beds
-Low barrier housing with supports
-Supportive transitional housing
-Supportive permanent housing
Additional information can be found in the 2016 Homelessness Action Plan.
|2016 Homelessness Action Plan||2016-06-08||6.12MB|
|June 7, 2016 Homelessness Action Plan Council Presentation||2016-06-08||2.13MB|
|2008 to 2016 Housing Timeline||2016-04-01||713KB|
|Affordable Housing Continuum||2016-04-01||36KB|
|Homelessness Action Plan Presentation||2016-04-01||3.32MB|
|Housing First An Overview||2016-04-01||309KB|
|Roles and Responsibilities||2016-04-01||33KB|
This page contains information about homelessness in our community.
Read the Chilliwack Homelessness Action Plan Background Report.
Videos of Chilliwack events that discuss a variety of aspects about homelessness in our community.