Vedder Road Widening: Keith Wilson - Watson
- September 2020 - March 2022
- Expect Delays:
- Sidewalk, driveway and boulevard restoration works will continue thru the summer but travel lanes will be maintained.
- New traffic signal base installations scheduled for later this summer at the Thomas intersection to avoid impacts to pedestrians and traffic from nearby schools.
- BC Hydro/Telus pole relocation works anticipated to start late this summer and continue thru the Fall.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- The widening of Vedder Road is part of a larger construction package that will include the widening of Promontory Road from Vedder Elementary east to Chester Drive, and the upgrade of Prest Road from Highway #1 to McGuire Road.
- Council has awarded these works in one package to Eurovia BC. Bundling multiple roadway projects together helps keep costs low while ensuring the works are coordinated in a way that minimizes the impact to the community.
- The improvements along Vedder Road include road widening to four travel lanes, a centre turning lane, bike lanes, sidewalks and streetlights on both sides of the corridor, along with the relocation of the overhead BC Hydro and Telus poles.
For more information about the project please visit Vedder Projects Frequently Asked Questions
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.