Vedder Road Widening: Keith Wilson - Watson
- September 2020 - March 2022
- Phase 1: September - April 2021
Current Works (Phase 1):
- Road widening east side of Vedder Rd (excavation, subbase, base gravel)
- Road widening west side of Vedder Rd south of Wren
- Curb, gutter and sidewalk installation (weather permitting)
- Signal installation at Keith Wilson
- Two-way traffic will be maintained
- Expect delays
- The widening of Vedder Road is part of a larger construction package that will include the widening of Promontory Road from Vedder Elementary east to Chester Drive, and the upgrade of Prest Road from Highway #1 to McGuire Road.
- Council has awarded these works in one package to Eurovia BC. Bundling multiple roadway projects together helps keep costs low while ensuring the works are coordinated in a way that minimizes the impact to the community.
- The improvements along Vedder Road include road widening to four travel lanes, a centre turning lane, bike lanes, sidewalks and streetlights on both sides of the corridor, along with the relocation of the overhead BC Hydro and Telus poles.
For more information about the project please visit Vedder Projects Frequently Asked Questions
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.