Promontory Road Widening – Vedder Road to Chester Drive
- April-November 2020
- Mid-July westbound traffic will be shifting to the north side of the Hydro poles and eastbound traffic will be shifted further north to allow construction to proceed while minimizing impacts to thru traffic.
- Widening Promontory Road from Vedder Elementary east to Chester Drive.
- The widening of Promontory Road is part of a larger construction package that will include the widening of Vedder Road from Keith Wilson Road to Watson Road, and the upgrade of Prest Road from Highway #1 to McGuire Road.
- Council has awarded these works in one package to Eurovia BC. Bundling multiple roadway projects together helps keep costs low while ensuring the works are coordinated in a way that minimizes the impact to the community.
- Improvements along Promontory Road include road widening to four travel lanes, a centre turning lane, bike lanes, sidewalks and streetlights on both sides of the corridor, along with the relocation of BC Hydro poles.
For monthly updates on transportation construction projects, subscribe to our e-newsletter.